How We Work
First and foremost we are passionate about any of the species we keep and strive to always give them the best care possible. We keep snakes because we like them and enjoy the challenge of breeding them and making new and interesting combos and not because we see them as a lucrative alternative to a real job because the reality is they aren't! Especially, if like us, you won't compromise on standards. Here is a little more info about how we like to do things.
- Species - Firstly we only keep royal pythons and reticulated pythons, a few hognose and garters and some spiders. We specifically do not keep any species of boa.
- Breeding - everything is bred here by us using only our own animals. We do not operate any breeding partnerships with anyone or import and sell on animals for anyone else. We believe animals are best purchased directly from the person that bred them.
- Quarantine Rules - Nothing goes into our snake room without first being quarantined for a minimum of 6 months plus stool sample testing. Most importantly, we operate strict quarantine with all animals entering and leaving quarantine at the same time. If we have a new addition we accommodate it in a separate quarantine area - we do not add it to a group of animals that are part way through their QT period or that would re-set the whole clock to zero. This way we would be able to identify and isolate anything untoward and prevent any adverse consequence. If we attend reptile shows with our animals they go into a separate quarantine room on return.
- Set Up. We run an air purifier in our breeding room which kills airborne viruses and bacteria and a humidifier to keep the ambient humidity at around 70%. The breeding room is heated via underfloor heating to an ambient temperature of around 28C with a slight ambient night time drop. The underfloor heating gives an even gentle heat and ensures that the lower levels of the racks are not cold which can be a problem with other forms of heating. We mainly use Vision racks for our collection - heated via heat cable with each rack controlled by two thermostats. We keep our adult animals on white news paper offcuts and our hatchlings on aspen. All of which ensures that we have one of the healthiest collections you will find (we have not even had a respiratory infection in any of our animals for over 3.5 years) and animals that we and our customers are justifiably proud of. We do not compromise our standards for anyone as we have too much at stake here to take any risks. But the pictures you see of our animals in the albums on here illustrate, better than words could ever do, the quality of the animals we care for.
- Sales We will not let any hatchling we breed go to a new home unless we are 100% happy that it is established in a good defrost feeding routine and growing well as we want you to be 100% happy when you receive your new addition. When you take an animal from us you will always see the parents and clutch pictures and we will tell you about your particular animal and how it likes to feed and what it is feeding on.
- Follow Up. We love people to keep in touch as we are keen to see how our hatchlings progress and develop. If you have any issues at all then just ask. We are always happy to answer any questions you may have and welcome messages via Facebook or email.
You can view some testimonials from previous customers here